Feb 19, 2011

Rhythm for Preschoolers

Beginning Rhythm for Preschoolers is my first e-book, written to help my children learn how to read music. Young children and babies are learning how to read. With the ever-increasing growth of technology, it becomes easy to confirm this. I believe that the ability to learn to read at a young age extends to the realm of music. Why not? They are linguistic geniuses, and music is one of the most natural and universal languages in the world.  For preschoolers, the
best place to start is with
rhythm.
My musical training as a music graduate and an Orff instructor convinced me long ago that I needed to teach my children to read music at a young age. I have drawn from my experience and present to my children the best methods in my toolbox. In Beginning Rhythm for Preschoolers, I share with you the program I am using with my own children. Some of the tools I use include


  • Stick Notation
  • French rhythm solfege
  • Body and instrument percussion
  • Large font for easier reading
  • Bright colors
  • Simple rhythmic elements, only the quarter note, quarter rest, and eighth notes are used
  • Extension activities and games to hold your child's interest
  • Short, simple lessons (as little as a minute a day!)
I have used this program with my piano students, modified it for young children, and adapted it during use to clear up my little boy's confusions. It works! The tools used in this course are widely known and used by many professional musicians. They have a proven track record for success. My only genius, if I have any at all, is taking these elements and further simplifying them for my two-year-old. He can read music at the level presented in this course, and your child can learn too.

New Bonus Materials!

Now includes two note-reading games specifically designed for the preschool crowd:



The  e-book is 26-page. It includes all of the templates you need, and instructions to make, everything that you see pictured here:


Beginning Rhythm for Preschoolers also includes
  • Instructions on how to use the manipulatives
  • A suggested order for teaching
  • Trouble-shooting guides for tricky concepts
  • Tips for maintaining your child's interest
  • My own experiences with the material

Note:  This product is no longer available.  It has been upgraded, and integrated into a new product, "Beginning Rhythm", available here:  Beginning Rhythm new release

    5 comments:

    Wmh Adword said...

    I'm so happy with your blog site, it contains all the matter with regards to preschool and playschool Good luck to you and your well performed job. Thanks for keeping us updated with the latest information for preschool and playschool.
    Regards
    Preschool in Bangalore,
    Playschool in Bangalore

    Black Min said...

    Hi everybody.
    I love music. Music brings us interesting things. Interested in music I would like to mention ringtones. Ringtones from famous songs. Hot ringtones. Ringtones are attractive. You can search through my ringtone to get the best ringtone for your mobile phone at my homepage: https://bestringtonesfree.net/

    Here are the top 5 ring tones of 2018, you can refer and leave a comment:

    dil diyan gallan ringtones
    Ipl ringtones
    half girlfriend ringtones
    Bahubali ringtones
    Marathi ringtones


    Free ringtones for people around the world. Hope my ringtone will please you. I need your comment to improve the ringtone better. Thank you for your attention!

    Đức Chu said...

    The best ringtones for the mobile phone
    Hi everyone!
    Does your phone have good and attractive ringtones? You want to own a unique and fun ringtones on your phone? I will suggest to you the list of the best ringtones for the mobile phone, you can download to your phone.

    Whistle Ringtones
    Ed Sheeran Ringtones
    Free Text Message Alert Tones
    Minion Ring Ring
    Super Mario Ringtone

    There are also many other ringtones. All ringtones are downloaded for free. To learn more about the latest ringtones, you can visit homepage: Free ringtone downloads for cell phones

    Sophie Grace said...

    Your website is really cool and this is a great inspiring article. Thank you so much. With intersting game sims 4 skill cheats we also celebrate internation women's day. coming now

    merlin said...

    The information is quite interesting.thanks for sharing.
    Selenium Training in chennai | Selenium Training in anna nagar | Selenium Training in omr | Selenium Training in porur | Selenium Training in tambaram | Selenium Training in velachery

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...