Feb 12, 2011

Escaping war through the study of music

"Music is like magic in a person's hands", says Nashat Majeed, a guitar instructor in Iraq. Children in Iraq are finding peace and escaping the war of their country through the study of music. I ran across the article posted below and was very touched by this story. It is a beautiful thing that they were able to find this resource.I too have found escape in my own personal life through beautiful music, although the trials of my life pale in comparison to these children. Still, I know that the power of music is very real. For my own children, I hope to provide them with the musical tools and knowledge that they need so that when their trials come, music will help them to be strong and get through them. This is the power I wish that all children could have.
Click for more info

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...