Feb 4, 2014

We moved to California!

Part of why I haven't been blogging as much lately is because our family has been caught up in a whirlwind of moving.  I haven't done regular homeschooling for a few months.  My husband has new employment in the sales department for Solar City.  In December he came out early while we stayed to finish up choir concerts the kids were in and continue packing/thinning our things.  Then Michael came home for Christmas, we packed up, and on January 2nd we left.

View of our townhome complex and the winter wonderland we left behind.

We fit all of our belongings in a 6x12 storage unit in Logan and this 16' truck.  We also gave away or sold much of our furniture.  It just barely fit.  Phew!

We spent our first night at Knights Inn of St George.  They have a beautiful suite that our family fit in nicely.  I would definitely stay there again next time we pass through.  Moving on, we lowered our eating standards in exchange for a soft play with good reviews in Las Vegas.  We stayed at the McDonalds on 2020 N Rainbow for a couple of hours.  It was a great place!  Alas my toddler gave a few other kids and parents a brief strip tease, but it was soon taken care of.  Vegas baby!


We stayed in Best Western in Moreno Valley our first week in California and they treated us really well.  Thanks to the dual screen DVD player my parents gave us for Christmas, as well as lots of snacks, our long drive was overall smooth.  The day after our arrival we emptied our stuff into a storage unit, promising the again well-behaved children (I'm so grateful, they really were amazingly well behaved) that we would go to a nice restaurant when we were done.  We fulfilled that promise a little after nine that night.  Ruth, who had a nice nap, was the only one with enough energy to enjoy it, aside from a bread roll.  Yay for the fast bread rolls at the Olive Garden.  But we made it to California and their little tummies were filled soon enough the next day.




Now that you know we're here, my next course of action is to tell you about some of the field trips we've done.  My plan is to go on a new one every week.  There are a lot of things to see and do in Sunny California.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice to have you here in California! I've lived here all my life and there are a lot of things I love about it here. The mild winters, especially. Even though I have always been a CA girl, we are going to move to Arizona in a few years, after living here in Corona for the past 16 years. I hope to get to know you better before it's time for us to head out! :)

Chelsea Pectol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...